czwartek, 26 stycznia 2012

Continuation of spontaneity


27th of november 2011

Today we had to go up to the mountains, but Arthur reminded us that we had a meeting with some parents. Once in a month they come to Calca to spend some time with their children and talk with us about their behaviours and results at school. Some parents who come here don't speak spanish, only quechua - I didn't know about it and I was wondering why mother of Gumercindo haven't answered my questions. Sometimes these parents travel all day long to get here and spend one day with their child. They bring some fruits: bananas, oranges, mangoes, watermelons, pineapples - everything in the bags. They carry it all wandering through the mountains, crossing brooks and rivers without any bridges. And after a few hours of walking finally they can find a street where they try to stop any car and ask for a lift to the village.
Arthur and Margarita introduced us in the beginning of the meeting and told parents about our voluntary work in Casa Don Bosco. After that we had to find with Ania some activities for boys. And that was a spontaneity again - studying in the attic where the temperature was reaching 50 grades of Celsius. There was no air. The question was: "How to force them to work and study?". The meeting had to last 30 min. But after, this half of hour turned into 40 min and in the end into 50 min. We were waiting with Ania for the end of that meeting like for a salvation because normaly after that parents go downtown with boys and then we have a time to rest a little bit. But..not this time - why should we rest when instead of it for example we could make a volleyball and football competitions - children vs parents. But it's OK, we will rest later, we are on the mission - It's impossible to describe those competitions. Just try to imagine 50-year old Indian woman with two long black plaits, with the face full of wrinkles, with dirty hands because of the dust, in the two skirts and lace slip sticking out of it, in knitted tights, two sweaters, and with the sun, that raises here the temperature to 40 degrees of Celsius. A pleasure. :) Here I have some photos. Maybe it will help you a little bit to imagine what was happening here on our patio.






That's a big summary of our daily spontaneity. Now I'm only smiling because I can't do anything. It just has been so hard since the beginning. I needed a time to understand that I'm here to serve not to change and to make better all around me. That's not a point. It's me who has to change and work with myself. It's me who has to fight with my weaknesses, my fears, my habits and with my attitude give them an example. I can't require from my kids something that I'm not living.
Padre Maciek sent us a few days ago a video called "I'm going for a mission" that he made during our "retreat days" in Turin. Each of us (volunteers) spoke shortly about himself - where he wants to go and why, what he will do there. When I listen now myself I'm realising, that my image of the missionary work were..so unreal before I came here. After our return Padre Maciek should make a new video called: "I came back from the mission." and compare our "speeches". Today I already know that mission is not any kind of heroism, It's hard work, ordinary work. Aren't any big actions, are a small gestures, serving with the smallest things.



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz